Tuesday, March 19, 2013

And so the plates were hung.....finally

So I finally got around to hanging the plates I've been collecting via thrift shops. I kept spacing off buying plate holders and decided I'm just gonna hafta figure something out. So I dug into my craft supplies and this is what I found....



As you can see I paid 50cents for the plate. Some scrap felt that I had left over, some wire and E6000 Adhesive. I put a pretty good amount of adhesive on the plate, then laid the wire in it. Cut a piece of felt (excuse the not so perfect cut LOL) and glued that down over the wire. 


Even though that adhesive is strong I still was skeptical, so I broke out the hot glue gun and reinforced! 



As you can see, one plate came with a wire holder. But lets cross our fingers this all holds up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment