Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cubby's Old/New Bar Tables



A good friend of mine owns a local bar not too far from our house. He had asked me if I could redo or say up-cycle his old bar tables for him. He bought the bar from his dad about a year ago and he thinks now is the time to give it a little face lift. Because he FINALLY decided on a theme. And he chose Husker theme because no other bar in town has that! (I know believe it LOL) 

He had seen my projects:




And this gave him the idea to redo his tables for his bar!

Here is the 1st one!


A little sanding and priming..


There was a lot of years of "stuff" on them! But a sander and a little elbow grease, no problem!



Definitely took awhile to free hand this!


Meet Jeff, aka Cubby! They call him "Cubby" because his dad's nickname was "Bear". And the bar at that time was Bears Bar and now it's Cubby's Bear Trap! Kinda quirky HUH?!



Here are 2 more projects that are still in progress but I thought I would share anyway.



I decided that the chrome/aluminum piece around the edge would be kinda cool to keep! So it has been taped.


This is that table now! But still drying in the garage as we speak.


Here is the 2nd table I have been working on today.



I thought he needed a "Fun Table" to add in the mix!


So all still a work in progress but it's coming along!! 

Here is a custom one I made for a friend!



Whatcha think?!??

This made the top 10 Pick at..
Pursuitoffunctionalhome-Top-10-post-features

Tammy from The Happy Handicap said this about the tables:
“Why I love it? Shelly is talented! Her bar table upcycles are a work of art. Let’s all take a roadtrip to Nebraska to visit Cubby’s Bear Trap and behold those tables! I also think it’s cool Cubby knew great talent when he saw it which is BIG kudos to +Shelly Minette .”

Totally made my day!

Also Featured on:



MyCraftySpot


Also shared on:
Furniture-and-paint-party

AllthingswithPurpose

ArtsyfartsyMama

Tuesdays Treasure

Redouxinteriors


17 comments:

  1. Amazing job Shelly! What did you use for the top finish,2 part Poly? Looks so Durable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!! Yea I guess I forgot to mention the top coat. Opps! I know I am pleased with them so far!

      Delete
  2. Amazing job Shelly! What did you use for the top finish,2 part Poly? Looks so Durable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! You did an amazing job!

    Sue
    Bebeandj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post...I really like your blog.^^
    maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thanks for stopping by!! Im gonna head over now.

      Delete
  5. These are so, so cool!! Love them!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that sanding old grungy metal would have that effect! What grade of sandpaper was it, or was it some special thing you used for metal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I picked this post as one of my top 3 features from the POFH Monday Pin It Hop #22. You are so talented! Thanks for linking with us.

    Tammy
    The Happy Handicap

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so cool! I've got a craigslist table that we bought over the summer, I'm hoping to take some of your tips in sprucing it up!


    XO
    CorinnaAshley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my tables!

      Delete